As manager of this website, the Directorate-General Civil Security (DGCS) uses several types of cookies. The purpose of this statement is to provide you with information about cookies, what data is collected through cookies, why this data is collected and how you can delete and/or deactivate the cookies.
What is a cookie ?
A cookie is a small information file with a unique identification number, which can be stored on your computer when you visit websites. Information, such as your language preferences for a specific website, is stored on your computer. When you visit this website again, the cookie is sent to the website. This way, the website recognizes your browser and can remember your language preference, for example.
Thanks to cookies, access to websites is simplified and they can be used faster and in a more efficient way. The cookies can also be used to personalise websites according to your personal preferences. Cookies can also be used to analyse how you use a website, with the aim of improving it.
These cookies can be categorised on the basis of different criteria:
- First-Party Cookies : These cookies are directly placed on the visited website by the owner of the website.
- Third-Party Cookies : These cookies are placed by a domain other than the one visited by the visitor, and will enable these "third parties" to also obtain data about the visitor of this website. This is the case, for example, if you click on an external link on our website or watch a video hosted by a third party (e.g. YouTube).
How long are cookies kept ?
- Session cookies : These cookies expire automatically when the visitor close their browser.
- Persistent cookies : These cookies are stored on the hard drive until they are deleted or until they reach their expiration date.
- Essential cookies: Those cookies are essential for the proper functioning of the website for purely technical reasons. Due to the essential nature of these cookies from a technical point of view, only a disclosure requirement is necessary. These cookies are placed as soon as you visit a website et cannot be rejected.
- Functional cookies : These cookies store information about your choices and preferences on a site. You cannot reject those cookies if you wish to browse this website optimally, but they are only placed after you have made a choice concerning the cookie placement.
- Analytic cookies : These cookies collect information on visitor behaviour and site performance. The collected information is processed to improve the site's content and optimize the visitor's experience. However, these cookies are only placed if you have given your consent; you can therefore reject them.
- Marketing cookies : These cookies are used to adjust the advertising to the visitor. They are placed by third parties et follow the visitor from one website to another. However, these cookies are only placed if you perform certain actions, such as playing a YouTube video. You can therefore avoid them.
The DG CS also uses Matomo for analytical purposes. This analysis tool places cookies which are used to measure site traffic. The DG CS then knows how many times a page in particular is consulted. This information is only used in order to improve the content of the website or as an inspiration for a new campaign linked to a specific subject of high interest.
Matomo is an external partner whose organization and underlying data centers are located in Europe, and which is fully GDPR-compliant and respects confidentiality. Your consent is required before using cookies for analytical purposes. These cookies are thus only installed on your device after you have given your consent. All the collected data are anonymously stored. They will never be used to establish a visitor profile.
You will find hereafter a list of all the cookies used :
Cookie used to identify people who modify the site (content managers). This cookie does not apply to website visitors.
- BIGipServerF2W en TS
These cookies are used to ensure that user requests (visiting pages, sending forms, etc.) are always processed by the same server. As soon as the user closes the browser, these cookies are deleted.
- Has_js and language
This cookie is used to remember your language preference.
Analytical cookies (Matomo)
How can I see which cookies are saved on my device and how can I delete them?
If you wish to know which cookies have been saved on your device or if you can delete them, you can use a parameter of your browser. You will find more information on what to do via the following links.
- Chrome: desktop - mobile
- Firefox: desktop - mobile
- Internet Explorer: desktop
- Microsoft Edge: desktop
- Safari: desktop - mobile
Are you using another browser ? Check that the procedure for your browser is on the website www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies. This website is only available in English.